Wednesday, October 14, 2009

SQL SERVER 2008 Port forwarding

Today, I installed a sql server 2008 database standard version and wanted to use SSMS to connect to this database engine. Below are lessons I've learned so far 1. Windows Firewall. On the server machine, have to open two exceptions which are tcp 1433 and udp 1434. 2. On the modem webpage, forward port tcp 1433 and udp 1434 to the server machine which is 192.168.2.10 in my case 3. Create user via sql server authentication. When I installed the sql server 2008, the default authentication mode is through windows authentication. In order to use the mixed mode, right click the server in SSMS and go into security section, click server authentication to sql server and windows authentication mode. Mission accomplised! Next step, I will tackle down the reporting service and analysis service 2008 so that I would be able to access reports/cubes online through my own server...

No comments:

Post a Comment