Friday, July 17, 2015

When ssis package has been deployed to target server and referenced by a SQL server job, misleading error information occurs

When a SSIS package has been deployed to target SSIS server, it was running fine under SSIS 2012 designer.  When running designer, this package will be running under the windows credentials . When I create a sql job to run the package, it always gave me an error and this error message was always complaining  about one specific SP syntax. After spending 2 days troubleshooting, I realize that there was nothing wrong with the SP, it was the Sql agent account which is the sql server service account that does not have permission on some folder in a remote server. After I’ve put this Service account in the admin group of that Remote server, the sql job runs without an issue.

Lessoned learned : 1. If ssis package contains folder access, always make sure which account this pkg will be run under. Does this account have access to the folder specified?

No comments:

Post a Comment